NOTICE OF JOB VACANCY
JOB POSTING #: 14-2021
DATE OF POSTING: March 19, 2021
DATE OF CLOSING: April 9, 2021
TITLE: Auditor Accountant Trainee
SALARY: $43,753.77 – $45,731.91
EXISTING VACANCIES: Two (2) WORKWEEK: 35
DIVISION/LOCATION: Board of Public Utilities
Division of Audits
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the Director of the Division of Audits, Bureau Chief or other supervisory official as a trainee and productive worker receives on job training in analytic practices/procedures and application and research and preparation of reports, completes assignments which will provide practical analyst experience and/or learns to review and analyze various filings and reports relating to making field and office audits; does related work.
Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Reviews and conducts investigations of data requests and responses and categorizes them by issue in the audit report stemming from ongoing Management or Financial Audits.
• Learns to conduct inspections of financial transactions and records to ensure department regulations and accounting procedures are observed.
• Learns to prepare detail supporting the recommendations and other facts from the case that relate to audit recommendations for upper management to consider as staff makes recommendations to the Board.
• Assists the lead auditors and management in providing weekly updates for the interview schedule.
• Learns to maintain accounting or auditing records and files.
• Assist senior auditors and management in the Division gathering detailed information from the particular division who directly regulates that particular industry to determine specific detail, rules, statutes, documents, orders, testimony and other relevant documents that may assist in conduct of the audit.
• Assist in the development of data bases, and spreadsheets which includes relevant financial and accounting information so that the auditor may incorporate this information in the final report.
• Creates charts, and tables that may be incorporated into the final audit report based upon factual findings, and conclusions.
• Assists in the maintenance of data bases and spreadsheets used for tracking registrant and licensee filings, and for updating information on the Board’s website, the inbox for licensing and registration to ensure all requests are handled timely and maintaining current information on the website.
REQUIREMENTS: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree including or supplemented by twenty-one (21) semester hour credits in professional accounting courses which may include courses in municipal or government accounting.
NOTE: Possession of a valid Certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or
Registration as a Public Accountant issued by the New Jersey State Board of
Accountancy may be substituted for the required degree in accounting.
NOTE: Appointees who successfully complete the twelve-month training period will
be eligible for advancement to the title for which they have been trained: Auditor 1.
OPEN TO THE FOLLOWING: Open to NJ Residents.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, and Personal Relationships Disclosure Form (Click Here). Please make sure to include the posting number in the subject line via email. All documents must be submitted by the closing date shown above to the following:
NJ Board of Public Utilities
Office of Human Resources
P.O. BOX 350
Trenton, NJ 08625
RESIDENCY LAW: Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 52:14-7 (L. 2011, Chapter 70), also known as the “New Jersey First Act,” which became effective September 1, 2011, all persons newly hired by the Executive Branch on or after that date shall have one year from the date of employment to establish, and then maintain principal residence in the State of New Jersey.
Visit us at: https://nj.gov/bpu/
The New Jersey Board of Public Utilities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.