NOTICE OF JOB VACANCY
JOB POSTING #: 40-2021
DATE OF POSTING: November 24, 2021
DATE OF CLOSING: December 15, 2021
TITLE: Program Specialist Trainee (Cyber Security)
SALARY: $44,628.85 – $46,646.55
EXISTING VACANCIES: One (1) WORKWEEK: NE (35 hours)
DIVISION/LOCATION: Board of Public Utilities
Division of Reliability & Security
Under the general direction of the Division Reliability & Security, Cyber Security Manager or other supervisory official, assists in professional, administrative, and analytical work to promote the planning, operation, implementation, monitoring and/or evaluation of the Cyber Security programs. As a trainee, you will receive on-the-job training while completing assignments which provide practical Cyber Security Program Specialist experience.
• Assist with development and implementation of cyber exercises and workshops.
• Research federal guidelines and other state’s programs and provide input on cyber security rules.
• Assist with auditing the cyber plans as they are submitted; cyber security oversight; and development of cyber security compliance program.
• Assist with development of benchmarks and standards for utilities regulated by the NJBPU, as well as create a benchmark for New Jersey utilities vs. other states.
• Learn to develop reports and templates to review compliance with Board orders for utilities regulated by the NJBPU and maintain ongoing communications with the MS-ISAC and utility stakeholders.
• Assist with monitoring threats to the cyber infrastructure and participate in information sharing with utilities, NJCCIC, DOE, DHS and FBI as needed.
• Participate in storm response and assist with compiling major event reports.
• As needed, support bureau of Emergency Management during weather and other hazard events. Provide coverage for outage reporting.
REQUIREMENTS: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree.
NOTE: Interest in Cyber Security is a plus. Some information technology classes or background in coding or Internet sciences is helpful.
OPEN TO THE FOLLOWING: Open to NJ Residents.
NOTE: RESIDENCY LAW: Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 52:14-7 (L. 2011, Chapter 70), also known as the “New Jersey First Act,” which became effective September 1, 2011, all persons newly hired by the Executive Branch on or after that date shall have one year from the date of employment to establish, and then maintain principal residence in the State of New Jersey.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, and Personal Relationships Disclosure Form (Click Here). Please make sure to include the posting number in the subject line via email. All documents must be submitted by the closing date shown above to the following:
NJ Board of Public Utilities
Office of Human Resources
P.O. BOX 350
Trenton, NJ 08625
Visit us at: https://nj.gov/bpu/
The New Jersey Board of Public Utilities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.