NOTICE OF JOB VACANCY
JOB POSTING #: 19-2021
DATE OF POSTING: April 7, 2021
DATE OF CLOSING: April 28, 2021
TITLE: Program Specialist Trainee (Community Solar)
SALARY: $43,753.77 – $45,731.91
EXISTING VACANCIES: One (2) WORKWEEK: NE
DIVISION/LOCATION: Board of Public Utilities
Division of Clean Energy
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: New Jersey’s lead energy regulator, the Board of Public Utilities, is looking for a Program Specialist Trainee to support the Board’s growing clean energy portfolio. The BPU is leading the effort to implement Governor Murphy’s ambitious goal of reaching 100% clean energy by 2050. The trainee in this position will be on the forefront of implementing dynamic state clean energy policy.
Under the general direction of the Director of Clean Energy and the Solar Manager in the Division of Clean Energy, the trainee will assist in professional, analytical and administrative work to promote the planning, operation, implementation, monitoring and/or evaluation of the Clean Energy solar program, with a particular emphasis on learning how to develop and manage the Community Solar program. The trainee will receive on-the-job training while completing assignments, which provide practical Program Specialist experience.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively in cross-disciplinary teams tasked with managing some of the most impactful policy and analytical issues in New Jersey government. Applicants should have strong analytical, program management, research, and writing skills.
• Assist with advancing the Clean Energy solar program, projects and goals, with a particular emphasis on the community solar program; support, learn from, and advance associated teams and projects within the Division of Clean Energy.
• Support the implementation, administration, and evaluation of the Community Solar Pilot Program.
• Assist the Community Solar Program Administrator to develop and launch the Community Solar Permanent Program, including the development of a program design, regulations, annual budget, goals, objectives, program performance indicators and progress tracking metrics for the Community Solar Permanent Program, and ultimately support its implementation and administration.
• Assist with policy review analysis on clean energy issues, including collecting and compiling data, conducting analysis and developing reports comparing existing and alternative program policy proposals and recommendations for program improvements.
• Assist with stakeholder engagement, meeting preparations and agenda development.
• Assist in drafting relevant regulations; review and prepare comments on relevant regulations and legislation.
• Provide input regarding the strategic impact, cost, stakeholder needs, policy alignment, and potential market impacts of solar decisions.
• Track and report on the progress of multiple, simultaneous program development efforts.
• Assist existing staff responsible for implementation in improvements to existing communications, outreach, customer complaint resolution, and program adoption data management and reporting functions.
• Assist Clean Energy staff with operational audits, analysis, development of collateral materials, memos and reports, annual budgets, compliance filings, goals and progress metrics.
EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s
NOTE: A Graduate Degree in Policy, Economics, Engineering, Finance, or related field is preferred but not required.
OPEN TO THE FOLLOWING: Open to NJ Residents.
NOTE: RESIDENCY LAW: Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 52:14-7 (L. 2011, Chapter 70), also known as the “New Jersey First Act,” which became effective September 1, 2011, all persons newly hired by the Executive Branch on or after that date shall have one year from the date of employment to establish, and then maintain principal residence in the State of New Jersey.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, diploma or unofficial transcript and Personal Relationships Disclosure Form (Click Here). Please make
sure to include the posting number in the subject line via email. All documents must be submitted by the closing date shown above to the following:
NJ Board of Public Utilities
Office of Human Resources
P.O. BOX 350
Trenton, NJ 08625
Visit us at: https://nj.gov/bpu/
1The New Jersey Board of Public Utilities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.