NOTICE OF JOB VACANCY
JOB POSTING #: 24-2021
DATE OF POSTING: June 14, 2021
DATE OF CLOSING: July 5, 2021
TITLE: Energy Efficiency Manager
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
EXISTING VACANCIES: One (1) WORKWEEK: NL
DIVISION/LOCATION: Board of Public Utilities
Division of Clean Energy
Under the direction of Director of the Division of Clean Energy, directs and manages all projects and staff within the Bureau of Energy Efficiency including oversight of programs administered by the electric and gas utilities in New Jersey.
In 2018, Governor Murphy signed into law the landmark legislation known as the Clean Energy Act. The law called for a significant overhaul of New Jersey’s clean energy systems by building sustainable infrastructure in order to fight climate change and reduce carbon emissions, which will in turn create well-paying local jobs, grow the state’s economy, and improve public health while ensuring a cleaner environment for current and future residents.
Energy efficiency is a critical component of the State’s clean energy agenda. The Energy Master Plan identifies energy efficiency as one of the most affordable ways of reducing our energy demand and lowering emissions, while simultaneously making our homes and businesses more comfortable. The Energy Efficiency Manager will lead the efforts of the Board to continue to advance and improve our energy efficiency programs in order to meet New Jersey’s ambitious clean energy goals.
• Manage energy efficiency staff and contractors and consultants to advance the mission of the Clean Energy Program (NJCEP).
• Develop, implement and energy efficiency programs funded through societal benefits charge as well as federally funded energy related projects.
• Responsible for program design, policy recommendations, technical review, grant proposal review and grant management, evaluation, market development analysis and recommendations, program oversight, budget assessment, measurement and verification oversight, Board Order preparation and presentation, invoice review and approval, mediating consumer complaints and dispute resolution, and the review and preparation of comments on relevant legislation.
• Compliance review of both utilities’ filings and contractors’ filings regarding energy efficiency programs, budgets and marketing plans.
• Support the Director in the development and management of program goals, including monitoring, reporting and recommendations for improved metrics.
• Interact regularly with deputy attorneys general, commissioners, other state agencies, utilities, in-house legal staff and outside counsel, as well as contractors and customers. Lead and contribute to meetings with staff and stakeholders on an ad hoc basis.
• Participates in internal and external stakeholder meetings.
REQUIREMENTS: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Demonstrated managerial skills, including such factors as interpersonal skills, decision-making, problem analysis and creative thinking, administrative judgment, delegation, managerial or financial control, interdepartmental cooperation/liaison, development of subordinates and organizational awareness are required. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft office, spreadsheet, database, communications software, and energy efficiency investment analytical tools preferred. Knowledge of the energy industry, energy efficiency and environmental protection and/or sustainability issues preferred.
NOTE: We value inclusion, integrity, innovation, empowerment, and hard work above all else. Candidates with relevant undergraduate or professional experience are encouraged to apply, as are candidates who have shown a strong commitment to remedying the historical under-representation of people of color in energy through their work promoting equity, inclusion, and diversity as well as through their own lived experiences
OPEN TO THE FOLLOWING: Open to NJ Residents.
NOTE: RESIDENCY LAW: Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 52:14-7 (L. 2011, Chapter 70), also known as the “New Jersey First Act,” which became effective September 1, 2011, all persons newly hired by the Executive Branch on or after that date shall have one year from the date of employment to establish, and then maintain principal residence in the State of New Jersey.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, and Personal Relationships Disclosure Form (Click Here). Please make sure to include the posting number in the subject line via email. All documents must be submitted by the closing date shown above to the following:
NJ Board of Public Utilities
Office of Human Resources
P.O. BOX 350
Trenton, NJ 08625
Visit us at: https://nj.gov/bpu/
The New Jersey Board of Public Utilities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.