NOTICE OF VACANCY
POSTING NO.: 73-2022
TITLE: Broadband Director
SALARY: $125,000.00 – $140,000.00, Commensurate with Experience
WORKWEEK: 35 hours (NL)
EXISTING VACANCIES: One (1)
OPENING DATE: November 2, 2022
CLOSING DATE: November 30, 2022
DIVISION/LOCATION: Broadband Office
This position may be eligible for telework up to two days per week
The Board of Public Utilities is a great place to work
Achieving 100% broadband access for all residents and business in the State of New Jersey is within reach. The Broadband Office in the NJBPU is working to meet that goal. This is an opportunity to help build and develop a team in this newly created role to ensure the State is maximizing and deploying unprecedented federal funding opportunities for broadband infrastructure, access and affordability; engage with stakeholders and leaders in unserved and underserved communities to identify barriers to broadband; and develop and implement an effective statewide broadband strategy.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Under the general direction of the Chief of Staff or other supervisory position, the Broadband Director will supervise a team charged with developing and implementing programs and outreach to maximize funding New Jersey anticipates receiving through the Coronavirus Capital Projects Funding and the National Telecommunications and Information Agency’s Digital Equity and Broadband Equity Access and Deployment (BEAD) Programs.
- Oversee broadband policies and program development and implementation to meet the goals of grants received through the Capital Projects Fund, BEAD and Digital Equity;
- Advise the Broadband Access Study Commission (BASC) and its consultant in developing a report of recommendations the BASC is statutorily required to deliver in 2023;
- Coordinate with the Governor’s Disaster and Recovery Office and across state agencies to ensure all broadband financial investments are coordinated and highly leveraged;
- Partner with the NJBPU Fiscal and Budget team to direct State allocations and management of federal grants;
- Represent the NJBPU in public stakeholder meetings and in speaking engagements on broadband; and
- Provide broadband policy advice to the Senior Staff and President of the NJBPU.
EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree or higher in the fields of Public Administration/Public Policy, Economic Development, or Information Technology, preferred.
EXPERIENCE: The ideal candidate will have at least 5-10 years’ experience in the following areas:
- Broadband deployment
- Community economic development
- Community outreach
- Public policy development
- Supervising and management
RESUME NOTE: Eligibility determinations will be based upon information presented in resume and proof of degree submitted. Applicants who possess foreign degrees (degrees earned outside of the U.S.) are required to provide an evaluation indicating the U.S. equivalency.
OPEN TO THE FOLLOWING: Open to New Jersey residents.
RESIDENCY LAW: Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 52:14-7 (L. 2011, Chapter 70), also known as the “New Jersey First Act,” which became effective September 1, 2011, all persons newly hired by the Executive Branch on or after that date shall have one year from the date of employment to establish, and then maintain principal residence in the State of New Jersey.
WORK AUTHORIZATION: Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States according to the Department of Homeland Security, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, and Personal Relationships Disclosure Form (Click Here). Please make sure to include the posting number in the subject line via email. All documents must be submitted by the closing date shown above to the following:
NJ Board of Public Utilities
Office of Human Resources
P.O. BOX 350
Trenton, NJ 08625
Visit us at: https://nj.gov/bpu/
The New Jersey Board of Public Utilities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.