Willie (Will) A. Smith II is currently the Director of Procurement for South Jersey Industries (SJI). In this role he is responsible for developing and leading all company procurement efforts to efficiently and effectively enable business units and functional partners to maximize the value they receive from vendors to meet their objectives. Current key initiatives include:
• Overseeing all areas and functions of procurement while establishing long-term and
strategic planning objectives for $1B+ annually in materials and services spend
• Leaded procurement TSA (Transition Service Agreement) exit for a $1.7B acquisition
• Implementing Workday Procurement module for 5+ business units during a 24-month period
• Negotiated comprehensive supply chain partnership agreement resulting in $900K in
• Creating and executing corporatewide supplier diversity strategy
Will has over 15+ years of experience with increasing responsibility in the IT and sourcing arenas. Some previous roles include the Director for Software and Services at Sungard Availability Services and Strategic IT Vendor Program Manager at Lockheed Martin (LM). Will holds a BS in Civil Engineering and an MBA (concentration finance from Widener University.